Q. What kind of dish is shinjo?
A. Shinjo is Japanese dish made of mashed shrimp, crab, fish, flavored with yam, egg white, and dashi. It is then steamed, boiled or fried. I’ll be making a soup with it today.
This season, I’m using edamame, but the ingredients change season by season.
– Blend the edamame and dashi in a mixer
– Chop an appropriate amount of yam and blend in a mixer
– Whip the egg yolk and use as a joining agentRead more…
– Mash the ingredients with a mortar
– Mix in a way that they don’t break off from the hard pieces
– The shinjo is complete after it is shaped and steamed
– It is served as a soup